Got these H's and put them in my open baffles- represented as original cones with recently replaced HF diaphrams from GPA. Ser #s 05947 and 04954. Left speaker lower db output, slight wiff of burning electrical, not sounding as good. Right speaker AWESOME. I believe I can hear scuffing when I move the left speaker cone by hand. Re both at 6.9 Ohms. Tried moving the cones while reading Ohms- but current generation made that impossible. Both cones have part number (?) "239792" on their back sides in smudgy white paint. Surrounds have 4 ridges and sticky, shiny black dope. Cones have little dimples all over.
Want to get more definite diagnosis- looking for way to test. I have nice signal generator, Fluke 192 digital scope meter, and other equipment. Do a lot of DIY, career mechanic, high end remote control aircraft, build vacuum tube stereo equip from kits. I am well aware that sending the speaker(s) to GPA is an excellent option- and I may well wind up doing that. I'm so glad GPA is there. However, I am considering possibly doing the cone myself (if needed) for several reasons- among them is that I enjoy projects like this, learning, and it would expedite. Replacement options: of course GPA- also original if obtainable/reasonable. Also saw other options (Simply Speakers). I'm bumming because I tink I prefer the H's to my K's- and I wish I didn't have to mess with a good thing. Plan to build 612 or 620 Baltic birch cabinets for these.







Bookmarks